REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 19, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avinger, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVGR), a leading developer of innovative treatments for peripheral artery disease (PAD), today announced a schedule of abstracts and sessions highlighting the company’s Lumivascular™ technology at the upcoming Leipzig Interventional Course (LINC) taking place next week in Leipzig, Germany, from Tuesday, January 24, through Friday, January 27, 2017.
Avinger Lumivascular technology highlights include the following sessions (all times Central European Time):
Tuesday, January 24
- “Zero-fluoroscopy revascularization of a calcified SFA CTO using intravascular OCT guidance,” presented by Dr. Arjun Desai on behalf of Dr. Jon George; Room 7 Speaker’s Corner; 3:36 – 3:42pm
- “Two-year follow up data, interim analysis, from the pivotal VISION study for OCT-guided directional atherectomy,” presented by Dr. Ian Cawich on behalf of Dr. Arne Schwindt; Room 6 Speaker’s Corner; 2:50 – 2:55pm
Thursday, January 26
- “New evidence review for OCT guided atherectomy: Long term patency, in-stent restenosis, and zero contrast/fluoroscopy in CKD patients,” presented by Dr. Tom Davis; Room 1 Main, Arena 1; 12:18 – 12:24pm
- “Future of OCT guided technologies for PAD: True lumen measurement, BTK platform, and calcium therapies,” presented by Dr. Jon George; Room 1 Main, Arena 1; 12:24 – 12:30pm
- “Novel 6Fr articulating OCT guided directional atherectomy catheter for infra-popliteal disease,” presented by Dr. Jihad Mustapha; Room 6 Speaker’s Corner; 12:42 – 12:48pm
Thursday, January 26
- “OCT-guided directional atherectomy for popliteal and BTK disease,” procedure performed by Dr. Arne Schwindt (St. Franziskus Hospital; Munster Germany); Main Arena 1; 11:53am
Wednesday, January 25
- “Amputation prevention via OCT-guided recanalization of a failed venous bypass graft,” presented by Dr. Glen Schwartzberg; 11:00 – 11:05am
- “400mm In-Stent Restenosis CTO of the superficial femoral artery successfully treated using OCT-Guided Directional Atherectomy,” presented by Dr. Jaafer Golzar; 11:05 – 11:10am
- “OCT guided atherectomy following antegrade and retrograde posterior tibial CTO crossing via bridging collateral for CLI limb salvage,” presented by Dr. Sean Janzer; 1:05 – 1:10pm
- “Multi-center acute and long term follow-up utilizing OCT guided atherectomy to treat in-stent restenosis,” presented by Dr. Jaafer Golzar; 2:55 – 3:00pm
- “Predictive risk factors for target lesion revascularization post-atherectomy in peripheral arterial disease,” presented by Dr. Jon George; 3:05 – 3:10pm
- “12-month duplex patency and MRA following OCT-guided atherectomy: Single center prospective case series,” presented by Dr. Marianne Brodmann; 4:35 – 4:40pm
Materials related to certain of the sessions listed above will be posted to Avinger’s website following their presentation at LINC.
About Avinger, Inc.
Avinger, Inc. is a commercial-stage medical device company that designs, manufactures and sells image-guided, catheter-based systems for the treatment of patients with peripheral artery disease (PAD). PAD is characterized by a build-up of plaque in the arteries that supply blood to the legs and feet. The company’s mission is to dramatically improve the treatment of vascular disease through the introduction of products based on its Lumivascular platform, the only intravascular image-guided system of therapeutic catheters available in this market. Avinger’s current Lumivascular products include the Lightbox imaging console, the Ocelot family of catheters, which are designed to penetrate total arterial blockages, known as chronic total occlusions, or CTOs, and Pantheris, the first-ever image-guided atherectomy device, designed to precisely remove arterial plaque in PAD patients. For more information, please visit www.avinger.com.